Saturday, July 2, 2016

Office 2016 is apparently stable now

More than a year ago (wow), I tried a preview version of Office 2016. It did not go well. It did work on Windows 10, though, and I tried it a little in a VM. A few days ago on my Windows 8.1 main machine, Office 2013 asked me to update to the newest version of Office. I hesitantly accepted. It downloaded and installed the new programs successfully.

The only hiccup I ran into during setup was that the first post-upgrade run of each application put up the normal "didn't start correctly last time" dialog, but that went away on later runs. The only application I've been using heavily since the upgrade is Word, and it seems to be working fine. Evidently, Microsoft worked out the kinks.

Interestingly enough, PowerPoint always wants to run as administrator now. That's not happening with any other Office program. It still works fine once I elevate it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment