Wednesday, February 15, 2017

FMod - Skip initial profiles creation if possible

The configuration object that represents the templates file is very large and complicated, so it takes some time (on a computer's scale) to be built. On slow computers, opening the New Project Wizard visibly takes a moment, so it would be good to speed that up. In most circumstances, there already is a defaults.aconf file from which templates will be loaded, so it's completely pointless to generate the standard set only to have it overwritten with data from disk. I had already introduced an optional parameter to the configuration object's constructor that should skip the normal generation, but I apparently never actually implemented it. Today I did, achieving a tiny speedup. I need to make sure that change doesn't have unintended consequences, then I'll release a new version with the past few days' improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment