Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Jostens yearbook-making web site does not seem to support Unicode

Today I made a start on my yearbook page (the school dedicates a full page to each graduating senior). The yearbook is authored using Jostens' web app. I immediately noticed when trying to insert a character that falls outside the non-control-ASCII range that the app does not seem to handle such characters at all. As in, it's not possible to put in a non-ASCII character into a text box in any way; the character just doesn't get added. It's not just the one character I tried; the same thing seems to happen for at least CJK ones as well.

I couldn't find a way to make that work, but it's possible I missed something. It would be very nice if Jostens could support non-ASCII.

No comments:

Post a Comment