Thursday, February 2, 2017

FMod - Switching to Amazon S3

A month or so ago, I copied all the Abiathar-related hosted files from my public Dropbox onto the server that hosts Keen Modding and the PCKF, since Dropbox's public folder mechanism will stop working soonish. Unfortunately, I have no SSL certificate for my domains at the moment, and with StartSSL sinking, I can't easily get one. It would be a Very Bad Thing to do automatic updates over an unsecured connection, so that leaves Amazon S3. S3 gives me plenty of space at very little cost; I already pay $0.51 a month for DNS and file hosting, and I can't imagine these few files making that go up any more than a single cent per month. I uploaded all the files to it (which is a weirdly slow affair) and will soon readjust all the URLs embedded in the various Abiathar components.

No comments:

Post a Comment