Sunday, February 5, 2017

Volunteering at a different FTC league's meet

Though the local FTC league had its championship a week ago, other leagues are still doing normal meets. I volunteered at one of those yesterday. They had been in need of a field inspector; my local league's manager gave them my information since I had done field inspection several times before. Most of the time here, I was the only one doing the field inspecting, but the person overseeing the event helped when a bunch of teams came through at once. After inspections completed, I stuck around to be an assistant Field Technical Advisor. I don't know as much as I'd like to about the new phone systems, but we got through it.

The event was managed essentially the same as those of the other league. It was very nice that the host school provided a token for a free meal to each volunteer, redeemable at the concession stand. They had "volunteer" vests instead of lanyards, which was nice in that it more clearly showed where the volunteers were. The host school also had their band play between matches, filling the gaps while referees processed the just-completed game.

No comments:

Post a Comment