Monday, November 10, 2014

Robotics - Have Design

On Saturday, some members of the robotics team - not including me - went to the Putnam (local museum) machine shop to work on the robot's mission-critical parts. From what I hear, they designed and 3D-printed some things, but the printer (or possibly the CAD operator) experienced some issues and produced unusable parts. They did, however, successfully produce a design sketch for our robot.

We're still waiting on some parts, but we did do some tinkering with the robot base. The battery and motor controllers have been mounted to the new design's base and wired up. I'm waiting for the builders to mount the NXT so I can start programming the basic autonomous routine.

I tested the software-geared drive program on the other team's robot, and it worked pretty OK, but they ran out of battery. While I waited for things to happen, I continued to show the new programming assistant (who is very good with CAD) Robot-C programming concepts, using the complicated geared drive program as a real-world example.

No comments:

Post a Comment