Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Bare Roots Server Resets

The decision was made - not by me, actually unilaterally by the server owner - that the world of the Bare Roots server, a YouTuber-only Minecraft server of which I am a member, will be reset. This means that the current world, along with all progress in it, will be blown away and replaced with a brand new map from a different random seed. This is after just six months of content production on the current map.

I can't say I'm happy about the reset, but I'm not angry or sad. I've been away (actually I vanished completely from our group) from the server for the past two months, and I welcome the chance to get back in sync with everyone as we start building our world anew. The server owner said that this reset is also an attempt to jump-start activity in the server - I'm not the only one who's been away. Of course, map resets are not a sustainable or particularly effective means of infusing the server with activity, historically speaking, but hey, it's a try.

Attempts will be made to bring in some new characters. Three have left and one is considering; I suppose we're all busy with real life. I've heard that there will be some "gimmicks" - gameplay modifications - in the new world, but no specifics are out yet.

I recorded my final episode on this map today, just the nineteenth in the series. Hopefully, next season will last longer and I'll be able to produce more interesting content.

No comments:

Post a Comment