Saturday, August 31, 2013

Crushers - Expansion Time

Crushers: a small platformer arcade game I started developing quite a few years ago.  Last year, I did a flurry of updating and fixing, bringing it to a presentable state.  Though I won't have much time for doing silly stuff like that this year, I do want to keep expanding Crushers, which has earned a place in my heart as my best work in the genre.

Today, I did a bunch of tweaking to allow block spawn rates to adjust for arbitrary room dimensions.  Also, I did a lot of refactoring to ensure the GUI works properly no matter where the player is in the arena.  It took quite a bit of doing, especially the parts where I did my own rendering, but everything works again and I successfully tripled the size of the room without sacrificing scale.  Expansion time, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment