Friday, August 16, 2013

HigherPower - Absorber

After school today, I added another machine to HigherPower!  It's a tier 1 (Fleexium) machine, so I used some existing code for combustion-driven machines.  This one, however, is a lot more complicated than any other machine.  It has five inputs: drill tip, left drill reinforcement, right drill reinforcement, solvent, and fuel.  The ore block to be processed is placed in the world under the Absorber. The solvent increases the chance of getting extra materials out of the ore block.  Though it is considerably more expensive to produce and operate, the Absorber has the advantages of producing more materials, automatically smelting, leaving behind a stone block, and being able to run on Nether Impurities.  While coding this machine, I discovered that my method of keeping the server and client synchronized is extremely overcomplicated.  I will be ripping out most of my networking code and replacing it with the built-in onInventoryChanged calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment