Monday, August 12, 2013

HigherPower - Data Repeater & YouTube Dev Log

I didn't really do much with HigherPower today, but I did add a new data block, the Data Repeater.  Since I'm just using the call stack to transmit packets along a wire, it's entirely possible for a StackOverflowError to halt transmission.  To make exceedingly long lengths of data cable possible, I made the Data Repeater queue up all received packets for transmission on the next tick.  Because the data is not transmitted on the same stack that it is received, the call stack is reset.

Also, I started a small YouTube series in which I will document HigherPower from a developer's perspective.  I just uploaded the first episode, "Slightly Broken", today.  This series will also help me find and fix bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment