Tuesday, August 27, 2013

HigherPower - Failure Reason Understood

I feel pretty silly now for spending hours on the silverfish block and the Configurable Switch.  I was trying to use these huge (well, medium-sized) numbers as metadata, but only four bits are stored in the chunk.  That definitely explains the strange failures of a few sides of the CS and the limitations of the silverfish block.  So, I guess I won't be using metadata to store complicated information.  I don't know what I'm going to do about the silverfish block (besides disable it), but I did change the CS to only be configurable on the horizontal sides; the top and bottom are inert.  Though inconvenient, it has the advantage of looking cool in the inventory.

I'm gonna save meta
Only got four bits of storage
I, I, I'm packing, trying to compact it
Why doesn't Forge fix this? ♪

No comments:

Post a Comment