Friday, August 9, 2013

HigherPower - Back in Business!

I suddenly got the urge to do some more work on HigherPower, my Minecraft mod.  Since Minecraft updated, Forge also has a new version that of course breaks everything.  The most common issues were that instances of EntityLiving are replaced with the new EntityLivingBase and that the name of "isStackValid" changed to "isItemValid."  The technical name of glowstone dust finally became "glowstone" and the texture binding function got reverted to one of the confusing SRG names.  They did make a very nice change though: dimension IDs are now more easily accessible between mods, so my machines will work in the Twilight Forest and Mystcraft worlds.  To be honest, I don't recall what I was working on before I took this hiatus, but I think I should work on adding more block sensors or that sonic piston idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment