Saturday, August 17, 2013

HigherPower - Sync Optimization

As I looked back on my networking code today, I thought that there must be a better way of synchronizing progress and energy data for machines; after all, vanilla doesn't do any such thing.  I looked at some vanilla machines' containers and saw the mysterious methods addCraftingToCrafters, updateProgressBar, and detectAndSendChanges.  Previously, I had assumed I could do better than that strange stuff, but I now see that my mess of dirty block lists, alternate networking channels, and constant updating.  Today, I went and ripped out that mess, replacing it with vanilla's style of keeping the sides in sync.  Also, I added a table of recipes and multiplications for the Absorber that includes all ores I know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment