Friday, February 21, 2014

FMod - Find & Replace

I could be working on documentation for Abiathar, but it's far more fun to add new tools. One thing that I've been wanting to add for a long time is find and replace. They're critical to word processors, but I haven't seen a level editor that has a decent implementation of them. My competition, The Omegamatic, kind of has a find tool, but it works in a very non-obvious and non-actual-finding way.

I was able to implement the Tile Instance Locator (find) very easily, but replacing is more difficult, especially because I want it to have things like a with-chance replacement and a restrictive bounding box for the changes. Setting up for the second one there required adding a new event bus drive. By the end of tomorrow, I think I'll have a more-than-fully functional tile replace tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment