Thursday, February 27, 2014

FMod - Paste Preview

Well, this came a lot sooner than I expected. In just four days, I have executed the three most important changes recommended by the most important tester of Abiathar. Fixing the shortcuts to be more like those of The Omegamatic was pretty easy, and I finished up the simultaneous tileset mode yesterday. Today, I attacked and completed the most challenging task: that paste preview overlay. Since I had to implement it as a new render plane anyway, I went for the gold and made it translucent. To keep it in sync with the mouse, I had to get a very complicated chain of notifications through the plane, the paste tool, and the core extension. I think it was worth it:

Getting ready to paste a copy of the Bloog Control Center entrance foreground tiles
(While I was working with mouse movement events, I added a coordinate display.)

No comments:

Post a Comment