Monday, February 17, 2014

FMod - Minor Tweaks

The beta tester to whom I sent yesterday's version of Abiathar had sent a reply by the time I checked my inbox this morning. She was amazed that I had managed to get a tile property overlay working and appeared to be impressed at all the tools I had added.

More importantly, she discovered a bug: loading its own Keen Dreams levels caused a crash. I immediately investigated and discovered an issue in writing the map headers that would cause a crash when loading non-contiguous level IDs. There were also a few small UI tweaks that I did to make thing more convenient.

She also mentioned some problems with loading levels made by other editors. I checked that out as well, but discovered nothing shocking. After adding a way to conveniently use a null or default EGA dictionary, I was able to open and save levels from existing mods. It's possible that she was simply pasting a crash report from the old version I had sent her a few weeks ago.

Editing my favorite level from Ceilick's "Dead in the Desert"

No comments:

Post a Comment