Wednesday, February 12, 2014

FMod - Tile Property Time

I did indeed fix and finalize the path plotter tool for Fudge. Yesterday, it would create an extra arrow path shooting off at a 45 degree angle of the intended one. That was due to the pather using an undefined straight length when it was a purely diagonal movement. Once I fixed that, there was another small problem with pure diagonal lines as the first segment, but I resolved that similarly to the first issue: adding a check for that type of movement.

With that done, I went back and improved the undo feature. It can now more easily affect the level list; this is done with a few small additions to IFudgeState and IViewState. I also added undo/redo support to the creation, deletion, copying, resizing, and importing of levels.

Now that everything is in working order, it's time to distinguish Fudge more from The Omegamatic. One thing that it doesn't have (and people want!) is a tile property overlay mode. They want to be able to see the difference between a secret area tile and a normal wall, or be able to recognize the invisible world map boundary foreground tiles. To implement this, I'm adding a few classes to FMod/FleexCore. I'm fairly certain I have it written correctly, but I haven't been able to test it yet. Fudge probably won't have the ability to modify tile properties, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment