Sunday, February 16, 2014

FMod - Rename

The name "Fudge" was a backcronym standing for Fleex Understands [Keen] Dreams [and] Gives [an] Editor. I recently was thinking about it and determined that my competition, The Omegamatic, had a much more impressive name. Because of that and Fudge now being more than just a Keen:Dreams editor, I decided to change the name. Its new title is Abiathar after one of David's thirty mighty men.

I also went on to extensible-ify the tile palette renderers. The state wrapper contains accessors to palette proxies which can calculate maximum width, necessary height, the tile at a position, or the position of a tile. Using that, I re-implemented the standard palette renderer and the selected tile highlighter, both easily supporting Variable Tileset Width Mode. With everything else in place for it, I went ahead and added a plane to the foreground tileset that displays their blocking properties.

This new version has been sent to my private beta testers for examination.

No comments:

Post a Comment