Sunday, April 20, 2014

Old Hard Drive

I just found my very first hard drive, the one that traveled across at least four computers, starting at Windows 95 and ending with XP, finally coming to rest in a dusty, unused computer at least three years ago now. It contains memories - in the form of half-baked programming/modding projects - from the first ten years of my life.

I am really excited to find this. As I type, I'm copying all the things (besides Windows system files) to my modern hard drive. Already, I've found a modding project I was really excited about but couldn't finish due to lack of a decent Keen: Galaxy level editor. Years later, there is one, and it's by me. That one might actually get finished.

There's "temporary" stuff that turned out to be not so temporary, extracted things from the Keen community, the classic K:M tools from the appropriate time period, a lot of strange files I'm not sure about, and generally lots of awesome stuff that I didn't really care about until I found this drive. It's possible that it also contains that one anthology of old DOS games I messed around with for hours on end.

This find is so awesome I might do a YouTube video about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment