Thursday, July 10, 2014

Possibly a New Mod

I had a great idea for a Minecraft mod while trying to go to sleep last night. I personally think it would be pretty awesome to tame a Wither and have it follow you around, obeying your commands or possibly just destroying everything around while protecting you. I imagine carrying some sort of baton to point the Wither toward what needs to be destroying, feeding it some sort of arcane scroll to teach it new behaviors - maybe sacrificing its health to fill mine?

I was fairly busy with important college things today, but I started messing around with this idea. I opened up a new ForgeGradle installation and threw together some super-messy subclasses of the Wither, its skull projectile, and the explosion class. Right now, I'm just trying to get a Wither to spawn that remembers its owner and doesn't deal damage to it. This is currently not working, but I think I have a separate type of entity spawning (I really quickly made an item to produce one of these guardian Withers with the user set as the owner.) Strange Java behavior when shadowing variables has not helped debugging, and I still can't figure out why the projectiles are still damaging the owner - it did get registered correctly at the spawning.

Since this will be a very small project, it might be the first mod I actually finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment