Friday, July 11, 2014

The Wither Mod - Proof of Concept

Today, since I didn't have a lot of college work to do, I did some things on the Wither-taming mod I was thinking about making. I abandoned trying to subclass EntityWither and instead copy/pasted the whole class's code so I could have control over the private variables as well. To make that work, I had to do the same thing for the renderer and the render model, changing type names. (This will eventually have to happen for some AI tasks that take a class on a different hierarchy instead of an interface like they should.) Once it was all done, I could change things in all the methods I need to, specifically replacing EntityWitherSkull with my own DiscriminatingSkull.

With that done, I have completed the proof of concept! The resulting owned Wither will go destroy all creatures (and I mean all - I changed the selector) except its owner. If one of the skulls does hit the owner, its explosion will not damage him and a few seconds of Regeneration (instead of Wither) will be given. I also removed some checks for creature type, allowing the owned Withers to attack other Withers.

No comments:

Post a Comment