Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Abiathar Online - CSS Fiddling

Over the last few days I've made a start on Abiathar Online, my first serious foray into web development. What I have so far is a simple stylesheet and a couple pages that look nice but don't do anything yet. I've decided on a simple blue-centered design with square buttons for links/commands and cyan gradients for edges. The main font is Open Sans (embedded with CSS3, look at me with these fancy web features!), with Lucida Console for monospace texts.

There's a start/splash page with two buttons ("learn more" and start) that I'm not sure is actually useful. I guess people can bookmark the actual editor page to get there directly, since the opening of files has to be done on the same page as the editing anyway. No JavaScript has been written yet, but I am almost ready to start putting together the file opener, which is backed by Dropbox.

Check out the GitHub repository if you're interested. I'll take pull requests after the important parts of the application are written.

No comments:

Post a Comment