Monday, August 10, 2015

Abiathar Online - Level Viewing

The only thing missing from level rendering after my initial implementation yesterday was the hex composites for infoplane values that are not icons (very high values like FA17h, as seen in links). Today I wrote that part of carveImage. It uses a small "tileset" image containing the nybble images used in Abiathar.

I then gave function to the Switch Level link. When clicked, it hides the level-viewing canvas and shows a div containing a link for each level. (The level switching event handler was a bit tricky because JavaScript has no block scoping, only function scope. Combine that with closures and you get problems!) After using that feature to look at some horizontally wide levels, I noticed that the "editbar" div does not stay in view when the page is scrolled. So, I looked up some CSS tweaks to make it stay in one place.

Abiathar Online is now a working level viewer. Next, I'll see about plane states and tweaking tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment