Thursday, August 6, 2015

Abiathar Online - JavaScript Time

Today I jumped into the scripting component of Abiathar Online, which is definitely going to be the area in which I learn the most. I started implementing the "all together" path of the setup wizard, in which all four required resources are in the same folder and can be loaded in one invocation of the Dropbox Chooser. I got Dropbox file loading working; they have very nice API documentation with useful examples. (Very important for me, since I had no idea how to create a JavaScript object.)

After the four files are chosen, I have some script to identify what resource each file represents from its filename. It then displays its guesses in a table and waits for the user to press a button to confirm that the guesses were correct (or use manual load if they're not, which I haven't built yet). Once I get both setup paths working, I'll be ready to start doing things with HTML5, specifically the canvas.

I also made some adjustments to the CSS to remove the extra space above the main title that was pushing the whole content div down since it's centered vertically. A good deal of tinkering was also required to get the table looking nice, but I like what I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment