Tuesday, August 25, 2015

ActiveNav - Forgot Everything

I downloaded ActiveNav onto my reissued school laptop today (because it's a nice tool that I like to have around), and realized that despite having written it, I cannot remember how to use it. The help command was helpful for the basics (bind, ce, and meta), but it's almost completely useless for more complicated things like find. Fortunately, I have the source code to remind me what subcommands do interesting things.

I suppose I should, when I have time, put a little effort into improving the in-program documentation, since having to reference an external manual would be inconvenient. Another reasonable area of exploration is writing to the Active Directory; currently it only supports reading operations.

No comments:

Post a Comment