Sunday, October 15, 2017

Keen Modding Live - Almost all episodes live

Today I finished live-ifying and testing Keen 6. It's now a usable episode, so that completes the Vorticons and Galaxy series. To put on the finishing touch, I added a patch to all Galaxy episodes that removes the "if" ammo placement, since it was erroneously always added after one failed attempt at the level due to a side effect of some other patches. All three Galaxy episodes' packages have been reuploaded. This shows the benefit of the two-package system: I can fix problems with the episode package without needing to fiddle with every single uploaded level's package.

To get started on Keen Dreams, I wrote the server-side code for handling the Dreams (three-file) genre. It was a fairly easy adaptation of the Galaxy file-combining code. Now I need to figure out all the necessary patches for Dreams, which might be a bit tough since I don't know if it has a tedlevel mechanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment