Sunday, October 29, 2017

Keen Modding Live - .NET API use

Today I continued sketching out the Keen Modding Live extension for Abiathar. It now has some infrastructure to make requests of the server via HTTP. To deal with the JSON responses in .NET 4.0, I'm using the JavaScriptSerializer class. In terms of actual functionality, the extension can now fetch the list of episodes from the server and present the supported ones in a list.

After I started adding login-related menu items, I decided to keep all the extension's menu items in a dedicated top-level Live menu rather than sprinkling them around the File menu. This way, it's much clearer which items refer to KML levels. Speaking of login operations, I realized that the user experience of always being asked after a login failure whether to try linking a Keen Modding account is kind of weird. I might change the login flow on the web site to only provide that option if there is no linked Keen Modding account.

No comments:

Post a Comment