Monday, October 16, 2017

Keen Modding Live - /nowait

Today while looking for a tedlevel equivalent for Keen Dreams (which I did not find), I learned about the nowait switch for Galaxy episodes. It causes the game to skip the B800 text screen at startup and therefore load a little quicker. It certainly did make a little difference when I tried it locally, but on the web there's still a little B800 interlude, probably since JavaScript emulation of machine code isn't super fast and therefore needs some time to get things set up. Nevertheless, every smoothing out of the experience helps.

I still haven't managed to devise a way to make Dreams begin a level immediately, so I posted another patch request on the forum. Once I have that, getting Dreams live should be fairly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment