Monday, October 23, 2017

Keen Modding Live - Starting to live-ify Dreams

Since I was unable to figure out how to patch Keen Dreams to skip the menu and go straight into the first level, I posted a patch request, which Levellass answered today. It works great; the only undesirable side effect was easily worked around. I used some other patches from KeenWiki to make the level always restart on death or completion, just like the live Vorticons episodes. I still need to figure out how to zero various stats when restarting.

I also added a new API endpoint that returns information on the versions of a given level. This is necessary because version records are the only place with the filename of the level package, so it would be impossible for API clients to get the actual levels without this. While testing it, I noticed a bug in the "get levels" endpoint - if no filters are supplied, a PHP warning spew precedes the JSON result in the response. I have corrected the problem that caused the warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment