Friday, January 3, 2014

FMod - Exporting all the Galaxy Graphics

Until I figure out what's going on with the Huffman dictionary, I have commented out the decompressing part of loading the Keen Galaxy graphics. It appears that EGAGRAPH is already fully decompressed from being run through KeenGraph.

Today, I wrote a little bit more code to finish extracting the other resources found in EGAGRAPH. After a little bit of testing, I determined that my temporary decompression fixed worked with the trivial Huffman dictionary. I also discovered some issues in the masked 8x8 tile reader, which were fixed by using the correct plane array. I also inverted the exported font colors to be more like KeenGraph. After polishing everything up, I wrote some test code to dump some of the resources to my test directory and it worked! Font characters, tiles, sprites and other graphics sprayed everywhere!

In the two days I have left before school resumes, I want to have a way to get all this stuff back together in the EGAGRAPH and get actual Huffman stuff working.

No comments:

Post a Comment