Friday, January 24, 2014

FMod - Zoom

To my surprise, I learned yesterday that The Omegamatic, an existing and very good level editor by Mink, already supports Keen Dreams. Now that I have a competitor, I need to do everything in my power to make Fudge better.

The first thing to do was match Omegamatic's features. Since I saw easy constants to replace with a variable, I went ahead and implemented zooming as a variation of the pixels per tile. It required a little bit of adjusting the GDI+ graphics settings, but Fudge can now do a pixelated zoom!

Another nice thing Omegamatic has is a "show links" mode, which interprets high infoplane values as links and draws lines representing them. However, it doesn't understand that level-entrance infoplane values are not links, drawing lines all over the place to points far outside the map. In my implementation, I checked for that before drawing the lines. Additionally, Fudge will only draw the hex infoplane value composite if there is no link.

No comments:

Post a Comment