Friday, January 17, 2014

FMod - In a Mirror, Unsafely

The last critical feature of Fudge, the first GUI editor based on FMod, is completed! I added the level adder just today and it works perfectly! While getting that set up, I had to modify some of the updater subs to keep the right level checked in the Levels menu, which included changing the loop to look for the Tag property instead of using a loop counter.

Remembering that there is no Galaxy editor to render any standard tile past the end of the tileset, I generalized the infoplane value editor to work for all planes. To make it obvious that it was a different plane that had strange values, I made use of the ColorMap class in Imaging to tweak the composite hex square thing's background color.

There was still, of course, the issue of flickering when moving about the level viewer. Microsoft, for some reason, made the DoubleBuffered property protected from outside change. Therefore, I tried to use reflection to set it on startup. It worked at first, but the Drawing assembly soon threw the awful inexplicable ArgumentException from nowhere. So, I guess I'll be creating a class to inherit from Panel and expose that property at runtime. I really would have preferred to keep my GUI design visual, because this is Visual Studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment