Thursday, January 30, 2014

FMod - Extensible Tools

I finally got around to wiring up the state wrapper for Fudge, allowing tools to be easily made. The first thing I did with this awesome new framework was move the default functionality into a real tool: the Tile Tweaker (formerly called Tile Placer/Picker). The great thing about using my own extension API to do the core tools is that it forces me to make that API powerful enough for even the original program creator to use.

In addition to re-implementing the most basic of level editor functions in a very complicated and roundabout way, I also created a linker tool, a la TOM. It's surprisingly intricate for such a simple thing; you can copy the infoplane link for that tile or create a bidirectional link just by using the right mouse button at various times.

I also (again) changed the infoplane font, this time to a small thin thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment