Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Robotics - Autonomous II

After a long winter break (and a long series about FMod that everyone is probably tired of now), the robotics teams got back together to finish it up before the competition in a month.

Despite my use of the word "finish", nothing was finished or really done at all today. The main builders were away at basketball, so we really couldn't do anything serious. I did manage to move the infrared sensor over to the correct side, which took a surprisingly long time. (It's amazing what things in the way will do to ease of access.) A whole lot of people left early, leaving me the only person on my team left doing anything. I used that time to rewrite the autonomous code to reflect our new design, which needed to be updated since November. It now takes advantage of the daisy-chained controllers, saving three NXT sensor ports. It works pretty well, but I still need to get the servo angle and drive times right.

No comments:

Post a Comment