Monday, June 22, 2015

FMod - Fixing Oversights

Over the last week or so, I ran into a few small issues with Abiathar that I finally fixed today. These were:

  • The NetKeen template didn't have the AudioSettings compound, so Abiathar couldn't be used to manage sound effects or music for NetKeen. Making the new AudioSettings entry apply to existing NetKeen dependency files was a bit tricky because that template doesn't set DefaultSet (which is what I use to auto-update the normal games' project files). I ended up detecting NetKeen dependency files by where background tiles start in the EGA resources.
  • The "save changes before closing?" message was appearing when Abiathar was closed following a failure to load a dependency file. I thought I had fixed this a few versions back, but I forgot that the New Project Wizard always set ChangesMade to True after calling OpenDepsFile.
  • The New Project Wizard was performing case-sensitive comparisons when making sure resource files were in the project directory, which created problems when using the file browser.
All of those have been fixed. I also added a line of code to ImfPreview to make sure that the selected song chunk is not blank; previously, trying to preview an empty song would cause ImfPreview to crash Abiathar.

No comments:

Post a Comment