Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Gash - Rebinarizing

I finally started writing the part of FleexCore2's NextGenGraphics that actually recompiles the xGA resources. I wrote the methods that transform a LowColorBitmap into a byte array of colors-with-mask (the reverse of GetLowColorBitmap) and that transform that byte array into the actual binary data found in the image chunks (the reverse of GetPixelData). I have not yet tested either of those methods, because that would require having a functional ToFiles implementation.

I did start on the recompilation of the three xGA files; it is made a bit tricky by the ability to cache cache chunk data and reuse the raw chunks when the resources they represent weren't modified. When I next work on this I'll finish the xGAHEAD/xGAGRAPH writer to make sure the chunks are laid out correctly, then image serialization can be worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment