Tuesday, June 23, 2015

FMod - Level Inspector Improvements

Today I was reading the source code of NetKeen and Keen Dreams, looking for information on the implementation of tile animation. As I browsed, I found that there were some very convenient #define statements telling me exactly how many unique animated tile types there can be in the level and how many animating tiles can be on screen at once. I used the latter datum to tune the Level Inspector's warning and error thresholds for animation-on-screen checking, and the former to add a new check for unique animated tiles.

I also noticed while browsing my implementation of the Level Inspector that one of the checks for keyholder pointers would never fire because I forgot to add the target position in level to an iteration variable.

I have plans for the Tile Property Modifier. It doesn't make sense to have a bunch of entries that don't apply to the game being modded in the list of special properties, so I'll move that list or at least part of it into the dependency file.

No comments:

Post a Comment