Tuesday, June 30, 2015

FMod - Great Tileinfo Progress

I did a whole lot of work on Abiathar today, and made a good deal of progress. I did some small things first: Lone Editing now works more like Keen Next (or at least TOM's Keen Next Mode, because I've never used the actual Keen Next) in that pressing the 1 through 3 keys makes only the requested plane active and switches the tileset to the appropriate plane if Simultaneous Tileset is on. I also removed ModKeen from the File Emitter because I don't want to be encouraging/facilitating the use of old technology; I will include TliExtend once I've fully tested it. The VeriMaps information label now changes to include the time the project was saved, in addition to whether it was saved with a signature.

Yesterday, I had written code to make the Tile Property Modifier update its active tile when the selected tiles were changed by means external to the TPM (e.g. using the Tile Placer's right click function in the level). Today I tested that more thoroughly, and it worked quite well. It even updated the TPM when the selected tile was changed with the mini-palette. I also identified and removed vestigial parts of the Tile Property Modifier's code.

While looking around the various tilesets in anticipation of the Great Tileinfo Un-Hardcoding, I stumbled upon a rare but serious bug in the Tile Property Modifier. If the TPM is being used with Simultaneous Tileset and the user cycles Simultaneous Tileset (turns it off and then back on), the TPM erases the properties of the selected tile. That was happening because tileset tools can receive two cancellation notifications when Simultaneous Tileset is disabled and the TPM saves its information and clears its data when cancelled. I fixed the bug by making the TPM ignore the extra notification.

Finally, I moved all the tile properties into the per-project configuration! This meant that I could finally provide different sets of property options for different games. I went through all the entries and tagged them with the appropriate episodes, and corrected some names along the way. Bio Menace has a completely different set of tile properties, but I think I figured them all out and included them. Adding these lists into existing projects was a bit tricky, but I think I got it all right, and if I didn't (if the lists are absent), the TPM displays generic options (the old hard-coded lists minus the ugly episode indicators).

Showing only entries applicable to Keen 5
Things to do tomorrow: deal with Bio Menace's switching of the background animation and delay fields, and test everything (and hold fast that which is good). v2.7 should be out in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment