Friday, June 5, 2015

FMod - v2.6.1

Today I ran some tests on Abiathar v2.6.1 to make sure that I hadn't missed any bugs. I found that the Tile Property Modifier was not actually showing the animation target highlight like it was supposed to, so that was a problem. I fixed it by reordering the ShowSelectPlane call and assignment of the selection rectangle; ShowSelectPlane clears the rectangle to prevent highlights from sticking around after the tool is canceled.

That was a fairly easy fix, and nothing else seemed to be wrong, so I recorded the video changelog and made the update live.

Something I forgot to mention in these posts is that I added "Enter ID" menu options to each plane's submenu under Plane. That option provides discoverability for new users (it's not obvious at all that right-clicking the selected tile picture lets you type a different tile ID) and creates a keyboard shortcut: Alt+{1, 2, 3} for the appropriate plane.

After the release, a community member informed me of some problems she encountered while linking audio files for Music Mappings. It turns out that one Keen audio editor (that was actually re-purposed from Wolfenstein 3D) has some bugs that cause it to create bogus chunks and blank songs. FleexCore didn't like those very much, so Abiathar threw an "Error loading audio files" dialog. I made it more forgiving, then gave her a new FMod.dll to try. It worked, and I'll include it in the next update - it's not that common of an issue, and also not really an Abiathar bug. But it does work fine in-game, so I made the patch available for manual download if people need it.

I also wrote a WLF to IMF converter for a newcomer to the PCKF IRC channel. It was a simple matter of dividing the delay on each note by 1.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment