Tuesday, June 2, 2015

FMod - Reload Graphics Text Glitch Fix

I kind of got carried away researching the Therac-25 incidents, so not much got done today.

While doing some more testing for Abiathar v2.6.1, I noticed that the "Graphics reload in progress" text sometimes sticks around after Reload Graphics has completed. UpdateToolInfo is indeed called after the actual reloading, but sometimes WinForms decides to not actually repaint those labels. Adding a call to Refresh on both the relevant labels (LabelToolData and LabelCurTool) fixed the problem.

I am also considering a more obvious, glance-able visual indication of the plane states. I might as well make use of the plane name labels to provide a thick band of color when the plane is active. I'll implement that tomorrow and see if it's helpful. (I might also add a config option to remove those labels and reclaim that vertical space.)

No comments:

Post a Comment