Thursday, March 27, 2014

FMod - Animation Cycles are Hard

With Abiathar development slowing down (I'm running out of features to add!), I took a moment today to look at Shock Tile, the Keen:Galaxy tileset packer that I kinda-sorta abandoned a month or so ago. I went back to it today because I had corrected a huge bug in FleexCore that was switching the values of the animation offset and animation delay.

I had hoped to open the Visual Studio project, recopy the default game files, run the program, and see it work perfectly. That was not the case: it crashed with a very similar problem to what it had before. It is genuinely awful that some tiles animate in non-cyclical patterns and have tiles part way through the path appear before tiles at the beginning of the path. Basically, to make this work and not wreck all the animations, it needs to check every single tile to see if anything animates to it and then place one very close to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment