Sunday, March 30, 2014

NKStat

Those in the Commander Keen community have probably heard of NetKeen, the Keen 5-based multiplayer race/battle created by a user named Lemm. It's still played quite frequently. Something I've imagined is a way of keeping track of NetKeen games and players, like the USCF does with chess. I kind of tried something with WinBot a few years ago, but that program is really not well suited to something like this.

So, armed with Visual Studio and knowledge of low-level IRC protocols, I started messing around today with getting an IRC robot going. I was quite successful; in just a few hours I had a bot that could survive ping requests, join channels, and hear users talk. It's a long way away from actually managing ratings and stuff like that, but it's definitely a start. Hopefully, this will be pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment