Wednesday, March 5, 2014

FMod - Object Oriented Tools

As I added tools and features to Abiathar, I added more and more members for the tool interface. For each little line in the interface definition, at least three were required in every existing tool - even if that features was not used in the tool. So today, I decided to go through the tool classes and re-work them to all subclass one "guard class" that would implement all the necessary things and let the tools override only the methods necessary for them to function. I also integrated the area highlighting/previewing overlay placement logic into the superclass so it didn't have to copy/pasted all over the place. This new layout will be very helpful if I have to add more things tools can do. (Also helps with file size!)

No comments:

Post a Comment