Saturday, March 15, 2014

FMod - Just the Beginning

Yesterday, I released Abiathar publicly. However, this is not the end of the road. In fact, it is just the beginning of a (probably) long path of updates, each adding amazing new features as the community's level makers become more advanced. In fact, just today I started on some important changes.

First, I added a better versioning system to the dependency files. It will help me keep track of what future versions support what features and ensure that old versions don't try to open (and thereby butcher) new versions' files. That was accomplished with a small module containing an array of structs, one for each version information thing, and a few helper methods.

I went through the help file PDF and discovered a few proofreading errors, which I corrected and re-uploaded.

More interestingly, I made the infoplane special values more accessible. There is now a very nice interface with some text and drop-downs explaining what these values do.

Finally, I'm adding a little bit more code to the FleexCore stuff to allow storage of maphead and tileinfo in the same file. Then, ManTliMh will be unnecessary and there will be fewer resources to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment