Sunday, March 2, 2014

FMod - Overlays Everywhere

With less than two weeks left before the release of Abiathar, I need to get my act together and have absolutely zero bugs when I go public. During yet another feature-requiring conversation with a very important tester, I learned about a few inconveniences when working with the simultaneous tileset. That session also prompted me to actually implement the fancy translucent selection rectangles when appropriate tools are being used. I added preview and selection overlays to all the following tools: tile tweaker, freeform tile placer, rectangle filler, circle filler, copier, and palette copier. They added a fair amount of complexity and code copy-paste to the tools, but I think they're worth it. They even have configurable settings, which can be set in the newly-fixed (it previously liked to get saved in the resources folder) persistent options file.

No comments:

Post a Comment