Sunday, March 16, 2014

FMod - Tile Property Editor

Though I hadn't originally planned to, I think I might go ahead and try to make Abiathar into a full Keen Galaxy modding studio. For this next update (v1.1), I'm just focusing on getting a tile property editor working.

First, I had to redo a lot of the IO code and the Dependency Collector. I now have a somewhat complicated system of tileinfo storage profiles, each of which has a letter ID, which is placed before the tileinfo file's path in the dependency file. Instead of just a "from memory" check box, there is now a drop-down in the tileinfo section of the DC. Some of the options there include:
  • No tileinfo file
  • From memory
  • In maphead
  • In separate file
There are a few more to combine and convert between them, but those are the main things I wanted to accomplish. I was also careful to maintain compatibility with the old style, using that nice versioning system I put in yesterday.

The actual modification of tileinfo is done with a tileset tool: the Tile Property Modifier. It needs three things: an animation linker, a property stamp (copy/paste), and of course the individual tile modifier. I have that last one working, but it doesn't currently update the tileinfo overlay. That will require a little bit of work on cache removal tomorrow, but it should be easily possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment